community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Cohort analysis summary

Highlighted
Meteor

I am trying to finalize this Cohort analysis that i have been working on. I have everything that I need, but I need to get M1-M6 as %'s of the total counts instead of the actual counts. I did not see any actions available in the summarize tool to do that. I thought of adding another formula tool and adding 6 more fields to create the %'s, but that seemed to be too much for this analysis. Is there an easier way to create the %'s?

Attached is my workflow below. I didn't add the supporting data, but the workflow and idea is there for tweaking. Thank you!

Alteryx Partner

Hi @vtika16 

I"m not aware of an easier way. The attached workflow shows how to get the % of total but you do have to calc the total values and then divide into the original value to get the %.

Cheers,

Bob

Percent_of_Total.png

Meteor

I figured that was the case. Thank you!

Bolide

Try the cross tab tool using the percent row. Depending on how the data is coming in it shouldn't be too hard to get it in the sample data shape. 

apt4.JPG

Meteor

Alex,

Thanks for the tip! My only problem is, M1-M6 are percentages of M0. For Instance, M1 could be 80% of M0, M2 could be 64% of M0 etc based on which month I am looking at. 

Bolide

What does month 0 represent?  An average or a previous month, in the case of my example it would be Dec?  Will the months have a date associated with them?  3/31/17 for March 2017, etc?  I'm just guessing without sample data.   

Meteor

Alex,

Month 0 represents 100% retention of each category of the data. Attached is a sample set of the data. 

Labels