Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cognitive Services Text Analytics Tool

KamalDas
5 - Atom

I was looking for Cognitive Services Text Analytics Tool. However there is some account Key required for the API. Please suggest where can I get the account key. Is it my product key for Alteryx.

6 REPLIES 6
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@KamalDas 

Based on the documentation this would be your key from your subscription to cognitive services. 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/cognitive-services-text-analytics-tool

KamalDas
5 - Atom

HI I want to get the Account Key for the API however i am sure how to get the Account Key to use Cognitive Services Text Analytics.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @KamalDas 

The API key mentioned above does not come from Alteryx.  Cognitive Services Text Analytics is service provided in Microsoft Azure and the API key will come from there.   Here is link to the MS Create Text Analysis site.  Once you create the resource, the API key will be provided on this page.   You will need to have an account in MS Azure.  

Dan

trettelap
8 - Asteroid

just a heads up on this but it looks like the default endpoint location is "westus" in the new macro. to get this to work I had to go into the macro and there is a text input that I had to change part of a URL to "eastus".

depaulgj91
5 - Atom

Has anyone been able to get this setup recently. I've tried everything to get the key to take and it still returns a bad api call.  There is a reference to changing the default endpoint location like @trettelap mentions but I can not find where to edit any of the information.  

depaulgj91
5 - Atom

I was able to get this working with the following azure link to the correct translate service.  I just used Western Europe as the azure location and it worked right away with the keys provided.  I don't think I had to even wait for the keys.  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/translator/quickstart-translator?tabs=csha...

Labels