Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Coffee Catch ups

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Trying to automate a coffee catch up process for the team on a weekly basis without repeating the combinations in

the past. Managed to work out all the combinations, but I'm struggling to produce the new combinations that consist of the everyone on a weekly basis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Woon

13 REPLIES 13
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Hi @WoonL ,

Do you have an example or sample of your workflow. If you provide data, it should make it easier to understand what you are trying to accomplish. 

Greg

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Please see sample attached. The objective is to generate catch ups with all 8 people included on a weekly basis and going forward the combinations won't be repeated. 

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @WoonL ,

I'm not certain this is what you meant but does this work for you?

Ben_H_0-1605718055755.png

Ben_H_1-1605718082541.png

Regards,

Ben

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Ben,

Apologies for the confusion.

Ideally, the output would be similar to the below tables for each week without repeating.

Week 1

Woon

Craig

Joshua

Adam

James

Joe

Emma

Jane

Week 2

Adam

Jane

Emma

Joe

Craig

Joshua

Woon

James

Thanks,
Woon

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This problem was deceptively fiendish. 

Please see attached a workflow that I think does what you want.

PhilipMannering_0-1605788400704.png

P

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Philip! The result is close, however some catch ups are repeated. E.g Woon & Jane (week 3) and Jane & Woon (week 7)

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Please see attached my workflow so far. (locate all the possible combinations and remove past catch ups)

I'm not able to figure out how to locate the new combinations that include everyone every week. 

Woon-TP_1-1605890721597.png

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Please could someone help with this? 😭

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

This was a doozy. 

Here you are. This workflow could definitely use some cleaning up and maybe a visit from the iterative macro fairy, but it meets your requirement.

brief overview:

1. find unique participant groupings (of 2 participants)

2. find unique weekly groupings (4 groups of 2 participants)

3. append weekly grouping together, filtering out repeated groupings until all 7 weeks are filled

Greg_Murray_0-1606231012621.png

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Greg

Labels