Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CodePage P850

eduardomarchesin
8 - Asteroid

Hi team,

I'm getting information from a database, this database was started with Codepage P850. I'm using the ConvertfromCodePage with code=850 but is not working. Do you know what I can do in this case?

Original content:

eduardomarchesin_0-1636029307518.png

After applying the formula:

eduardomarchesin_1-1636029351612.png

Rgds

Eduardo

11 REPLIES 11
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @eduardomarchesin 

Based on the below page, 850 doesn't seem to be a supported value. Can you post some sample data? 

Code Pages | Alteryx Help

eduardomarchesin
8 - Asteroid

Hi Luck_C,

Thank you for your answer!!

I've included in my previous post the examples. 

Let me know if you need another type of example.

Rgds

Eduardo

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@eduardomarchesin I meant a non-screenshot, hard to type those values to replicate the issue 🙂 

eduardomarchesin
8 - Asteroid

HI Luck_C,

I got it..

Please find below the examples, these description coming from directly of the database..

Pacote Contßbil - CTD
Contßbil Start

Rgds

Eduardo

eduardomarchesin
8 - Asteroid

Hi Luck_C,

There is a weird thing when I posted as text is was changed if you compare to pictures.

Rgds

Eduardo

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @eduardomarchesin 

Possible the community supports a different encoding. Have you tried the 'DecomposeUnicodeForMatch' function? Seems to be getting a result but not sure if it makes sense based on your data. Only downside is it makes everything lowercase.

Luke_C_0-1636040664669.png

eduardomarchesin
8 - Asteroid

Hi Luke_C

I've tried to use 'DecomposeUnicodeForMatch' function as your suggestion, it was changed a little but it keeps the error,.

eduardomarchesin_0-1636045030207.png

Rgds

Eduardo

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@eduardomarchesin (André here from Brazil),

What is the database you are using? Some codepage problems could be solved by adding parameters to the Connection String.

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

eduardomarchesin
8 - Asteroid

Hi Andre,

I'm getting information from Sybase database using an ODBC connection. This connection I've created on "ODBC Data Source Administrator" in Windows10.

The DBA team confirmed that this database was set up with Codepage P850.

Rgds

Eduardo

Labels