Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Code: 429 error and batch macros

minty
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

I recently ran into {"code": 429, "error": "The current request rate has exceeded the per minute limit"} among others such as the 

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult:  The pipe has been ended.

I am trying to import data from an API URL and was wondering if there was any way to slow the request rate per minute, and somehow permanently get rid of the second error. It seems like the data is falling off halfway because of that and the resulting pdf only displays half of the required data. 

I have been trying a batch macro too, but I don't think that is working.

Any help will be appreciated as I am not sure what to try next at the moment. 

Thank you!!!

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @minty you can try to use the Throttle Tool to slow down the requests per minute. 

minty
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis 

"Thank you for your message. This didn't work.  The "

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult:  The pipe has been ended.

" error shows up after testing it a couple times and pdf is still somewhat blank. 

Thanks again though!"

Earlier I had posted this above^. 

I realized that I put the throttle tool in the wrong place and just got it working. Thank you so much!!!

Labels