Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Clustering

sarahwisneski
5 - Atom

I am doing a cluster analysis and I keep getting the error "Tool #27 Tool #6 Tool #41 No valid fields were selected. K-Centroids Cluster Analysis the R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error

I'm not sure what went wrong it is as I have checked to make sure there is variance in each of the columns already

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Are all columns of the right type?  Any nulls or empty?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @sarahwisneski 

The Most common cause is :

1) One of the fields selected has no statistical variance (all values are the same).

Solution :

1) Attach a field summary tool ( Data Investigation) to the data you are sending into the K-Centroids Cluster analysis tool & investigate the result to find any field with no variance.

Sapna Gupta
sarahwisneski
5 - Atom

Two of the columns ending up having a small variance compared to the other variables I was including in it, I ended up removing them and it worked!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Cool ! So if you find my solution useful , could you please mark it as the solution accepted.

Sapna Gupta
Labels