Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Clustering values with dynamic cutoffs

LouisJ
8 - Asteroid

Hello guys !

My question is simple enough to understand (not sure about the solution though, haha)

I currently am using a 'Tile' tool which provides an elegant solution to cluster data (manual static cutoffs):

LouisJ_0-1660131181305.png

My problem is the cutoffs should be changeable from within the excel file the data is coming from, and after some delicate reformating I have this table for the cutoffs :

LouisJ_1-1660131268793.png

I do not know if there is an easy way to do exactly the same job as the tile tool while using the dynamic data from this small table.

I know this is easily achievable with a macro by changing directly the cutoffs in the Tile tool but I wish to not include any macros in this workflow.

I attached an excel with input/output and cutoff table.

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance !

Louis

3 REPLIES 3
LouisJ
8 - Asteroid

Just to be sure I was clear in my question, by dynamic I mean that the people responsible for the data source can change their criteria without having to change the Alteryx workflow. I do not mean any linear algerbra 'dynamic' clustering.

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @LouisJ 

Does this solution solves your concern. It is my understanding that cluster values will be stored in a file and will change time to time. And as per new cluster criteria, workflow should assign cluster values.

Amol_Telore_0-1660133659611.png

LouisJ
8 - Asteroid

Yes you understood right ! Your solution is exactly what I need, thank you very much 😀

Have a nice day,

Louis

Labels