Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Clustering values with dynamic cutoffs

LouisJ
8 - Asteroid

Hello guys !

My question is simple enough to understand (not sure about the solution though, haha)

I currently am using a 'Tile' tool which provides an elegant solution to cluster data (manual static cutoffs):

LouisJ_0-1660131181305.png

My problem is the cutoffs should be changeable from within the excel file the data is coming from, and after some delicate reformating I have this table for the cutoffs :

LouisJ_1-1660131268793.png

I do not know if there is an easy way to do exactly the same job as the tile tool while using the dynamic data from this small table.

I know this is easily achievable with a macro by changing directly the cutoffs in the Tile tool but I wish to not include any macros in this workflow.

I attached an excel with input/output and cutoff table.

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance !

Louis

3 REPLIES 3
LouisJ
8 - Asteroid

Just to be sure I was clear in my question, by dynamic I mean that the people responsible for the data source can change their criteria without having to change the Alteryx workflow. I do not mean any linear algerbra 'dynamic' clustering.

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @LouisJ 

Does this solution solves your concern. It is my understanding that cluster values will be stored in a file and will change time to time. And as per new cluster criteria, workflow should assign cluster values.

Amol_Telore_0-1660133659611.png

LouisJ
8 - Asteroid

Yes you understood right ! Your solution is exactly what I need, thank you very much 😀

Have a nice day,

Louis

Labels