Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Cloud PostgreSQL Connection - AWS RDS

Prashant_Raju
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I need to connect to PostgreSQL database which is hosted in Amazon RDS cloud. I am not able to establish a ODBC connection in both PostgreSQL and Amazon Redshift.

Can someone please help me out if you are already using Alteryx to connect to the database.

Thanks!  

5 REPLIES 5
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Prashant_Raju What is the error you are facing? Can you send a screenshot of the issue?

Digan
Alteryx
Prashant_Raju
6 - Meteoroid

@DiganP 

Thanks for replying. Here is the screenshot.

Capture.PNG

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Prashant_Raju I see. That error means that your computer is unable to find the database due to the network settings. You have to make sure that the db on AWS has the proper network/security settings so you can connect to it outside of the AWS infrastructure. 

Have you tried connecting to the postgres db using a Postgres GUI such as pgAdmin from your computer? I am guess this won't work as well because of the AWS instance settings. 

Digan
Alteryx
Prashant_Raju
6 - Meteoroid

@DiganP 

Yes, I tried that. I am not able to connect to Postgresql GUI from my pgAdmin as well.

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Prashant_Raju Ok perfect, the issue is with the AWS instance settings. This documentation from AWS will help -https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/USER_ConnectToPostgreSQLInstance.html

Digan
Alteryx
Labels