Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Clearing Data in Template before Overwrite

pmelikian
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a workflow that overwrites data within a .xlsx template. The overwrite works fine but I am having issues when the data that was previously there is larger than what it is being overwritten (see example senerio below). Is there a way to clear a data range before it gets overwritten? or possibly fill in the remaining lines with null values?

Example: Say there was 10 lines of data on a template and I run the workflow and overwrite the file with new data that is only 5 lines. I am still seeing 10 lines of data. 5 lines of new data + the bottom 5 from the previous dataset that did not get overwritten. 

Any advice is appreciated here.

thanks

Paul 

22 REPLIES 22
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@gaitonde25 - can you confirm you're using the folders that were created when you exported the yxzp package? What's the error on the output tool?

Baz123
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for posting this @Luke_C 

I had tried so many other ways to output to a template - including using a blob like so many suggested, and this way works perfectly!

blingen
7 - Meteor

@Luke_C -- Just used your solution! Appreciate you sharing!

Labels