Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Clear recently used file list

lgregor
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to clear the list of recently used files? We had a migration to a new directory and I'd like to clear the list so I can reconnect my workflows in the new directory.

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lgregor,

The recently used files for my userid are found in:

C:\Users\markf\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

you can modify "markf" for your ID or try:  %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

The file types that you are looking for are:

.yxmd - Workflows

.yxmc - Macros

.yxwz - Applications/Wizards

.yxzp - Packages

Hopefully this solves your challenge for you.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
lgregor
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply. I removed the Alteryx files from this folder but unfortunately this did not clear the recently used file list in Alteryx. Any other ideas?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@lgregor For me, my most recent used files are here in the registry: 

[HKEY_USERS\myuniqueid\Software\SRC\Alteryx\10.0\MRU]

obviously "myuniqueid" would be unique to you. I deleted the file1-file25 (making sure to leave the max value guy) and my recent history is now cleared.

As an FYI, here is how I found that spot. I assumed that it might be saved in the registry as opposed to a file. I exported my entire registry and then read it in as a csv in Alteryx with \0 as the delimiter (no delimiter) and then increased the field length from 254 to something really big like 100000. Then I just found a unique looking name in my most recent used ("Challenge79"), and used a quick filter to find only 2 registry entries with that string.  

lgregor
7 - Meteor

That did the trick! Thanks so much!!

Labels