Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Clear recently used file list

lgregor
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to clear the list of recently used files? We had a migration to a new directory and I'd like to clear the list so I can reconnect my workflows in the new directory.

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lgregor,

The recently used files for my userid are found in:

C:\Users\markf\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

you can modify "markf" for your ID or try:  %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

The file types that you are looking for are:

.yxmd - Workflows

.yxmc - Macros

.yxwz - Applications/Wizards

.yxzp - Packages

Hopefully this solves your challenge for you.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
lgregor
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply. I removed the Alteryx files from this folder but unfortunately this did not clear the recently used file list in Alteryx. Any other ideas?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@lgregor For me, my most recent used files are here in the registry: 

[HKEY_USERS\myuniqueid\Software\SRC\Alteryx\10.0\MRU]

obviously "myuniqueid" would be unique to you. I deleted the file1-file25 (making sure to leave the max value guy) and my recent history is now cleared.

As an FYI, here is how I found that spot. I assumed that it might be saved in the registry as opposed to a file. I exported my entire registry and then read it in as a csv in Alteryx with \0 as the delimiter (no delimiter) and then increased the field length from 254 to something really big like 100000. Then I just found a unique looking name in my most recent used ("Challenge79"), and used a quick filter to find only 2 registry entries with that string.  

lgregor
7 - Meteor

That did the trick! Thanks so much!!

Labels