Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cleaning up the Headers and adding totals

rwicker
7 - Meteor

1. I have certain headers that need to be cleaned up ( Attached - highlighted ).  I would like to remove the work "Sum_" from each header. This is a cumulative report, so additional months will be added overtime.

2. I am having a hard time getting the sum total for each column and row, only the Grand total of the report is coming up.

3. How am I to sort my headers correctly? It should be Month QTY and then Month Price, but Jun (column M & N) is switched

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
rarmstrong
8 - Asteroid

-The Dynamic Rename tool with formula Replace([_CurrentField_],"Sum_","") will clean up the headers

-You can get the Grand Total for columns by using the summarize tool to sum all columns that you want a total for. Then add a formula with column name "UPC" and in the formula box it should be "Grand Total". Then Union this back into your table.

-To get the Row Totals, you would essentially do the same thing, but use Cross Tab and Transpose to change the rows to columns before you summarize and then to change it back to rows once you have your totals.

-The Select Tool will allow you to sort the columns. 

Labels