Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Classification for Company names

pvara
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I have a use case where I am trying to classify company names.

Here is an example of a rule where they want to apply the classification.

Normally I would use the Find/Replace- Append option, however since the rule does NOT want to include Nurs, Clinic or Psych and ONLY accept “Hosp”

What approach would you recommend?

Hosp (not Nurs, not Clinic, not Psych)-->“Hospitals, In-Patient”

I am using version 2018.4

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @pvara ,

I looked at the data you provided in your workflow and didn't see how it corresponded to the problem. The first dataset had a single column with the names of four pharmacies and nothing to indicate any kind of classification. I built a dataset that I think is close enough to what you're asking to give you the approach to a solution. Two columns, one with the names of some hospitals and clinics in the Seattle area and the other defining the Classification as Hosp, Hosp(Nurs), Hosp(Clinic) or Hosp(Psych). I then showed two ways to remap the classification to the format you described, one using a formula tool and the other using Dynamic Replace.

Although I didn't show it, any Classification that contains Hosp and does not contain Nurs, Clinic, or Psych will be named as you described. I changed the format of the others to be similar. If the original Classification did not contain Hosp, then it wasn't changed.

I saved this workflow in 2018.4 so it should open for you with no warning messages.

2019-10-04_23-49-10.png

2019-10-04_23-56-00.png          2019-10-04_23-53-07.png

pvara
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Tony your example provided the detail and clarity I was looking for to accomplish my task.

I will take my rules and convert them to the condition expression then configure the dynamic replace that is very slick. I have not used that particular tool before it is a game changer for this business case. 

Thank you again

Labels