Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Classification Formula Based on Descriptions

SirBWhite
5 - Atom

Hi,

I’m trying to automate the classification of steps based on the description for a series of items. Attached is an example table looking at different meals and the steps it takes to complete each one with a description associated with each step.

I would like to generate a formula to classify each step based on where it is relative to the ‘eat’ step. If it is before the 'eat' step it should be called ‘Prep’, the eat step will be ‘Eating’, and anything after ‘eat’ will be ‘Clean’.  I’ve tried nested 'If' statements, but I can’t figure out how to link the Step to the Description Column. The "Manual Fill of Type" column is what I'm trying to get from the formula.

Thank You!

1 REPLY 1
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Hi @SirBWhite,

Done!  Attached is a workflow that will FIND the EATING Step by meal and then apply that to each record.  Then a comparison is made on the meal step number (in a formula) and the result is the action of Prep, Eating, or Clean.

Capture.png

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels