Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Choosing the best model

Amit
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Community,

I am relatively new to Alteryx and got stuck on an issue, any help would be much appreciated

So, I have a workflow where I am using ETS and ARIMA to forecast a variable and then using TS Compare to check which model is better based on MAPE.

The next thing that I want to do is choose the model based on lower MAPE and then use TS Forecast to get the forecasted values.

Problem: Is there a way to automate this process,rather than opening the report of TS Compare and manually check which value is lower  can I select MAPE as the indicator and use min condition to choose the lower MAPE amongst ETS and ARIMA and then run TS Forecast on the model with lower MAPE

I haven't used macros in alteryx but I believe that could do this job

1 REPLY 1
DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Amit, currently you do need to examine the report to select the best model using TS Compare. Doing it as a completely automated process can be done in Alteryx, but it would involve writing custom R code to implement it at this point in time. However, it is something we will consider for a future release.

Dan

Labels