Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Choose the row with maximum value after doing the join

ramii
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have table 1 containing one column. Lets say hostname with values "A1" and "B1". Table 2 has hostname, application name and risk score. See attached workflow. I want the green rows as output i.e. rows which contain highest severity level for a given hostname, application name combination(See screenshot. need the rows highlighted in green).

Please see the attached workflow and screenshot. 

4 REPLIES 4
andre347
10 - Fireball

Attached a solution. I used a sort tool to sort the hostnames from highest to lowest score. Then used a sample to find the first one for each hostname (group by in the sample tool).

Find attached the workflow

ramii
7 - Meteor

your workflow is created in the most recent version of alteryx and I cant open it. Can you please attach a screenshot. specially the configuration you did in the sample tool. 

thanks a lot!

andre347
10 - Fireball

Downgraded to 10.5/6 and attached screenshots

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 19.12.17.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-25 at 19.12.24.png

ramii
7 - Meteor

Hi,

So i ran into another problem. If there are two hostnames with same risk scores for different applications, then I need both the rows. Please see screenshot. Please suggest something. 

Thanks,

Labels