Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Choose cell based on more than one criteria

bwat2435
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have another question please!

See below a screenshot of my desired output in the final column.

The calculation I need to complete is:

If for a certain asset number (column A) the Number of span types (column B) = 1, then the output is simply E. I can do this step on my own without help.

However if the Number of span types (column B) is 2, then x number of "span type 1 count" need to result in Span type 1 length (i.e. Span ID (column H) numbers 5 down to 2 need to have the value in column E) and then the x number of "span type 2 count" needs to be Span Type 2 length (i.e. the 5th row for that asset type with a Span ID of 1).

There are up to 7 span types in my data that I need to do this for. If this makes sense to anyone, can someone please advise how I can do this?

I have attached the below sample dataset if this helps.

Thank you!

clipboard_image_1.png

3 REPLIES 3
benakesh
12 - Quasar

Attached workflow . You may want to test with full data . 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @bwat2435 

An innovative solution from @benakesh with his use of the Tile tool, but for the data in your sample, a simple formula will do the trick

If [Number of Spans]-[Span type 1 count] >= [SpanID] then
	[Span type 2 length]
else
	[Span type 1 length]
endif

Results.png

Dan

bwat2435
7 - Meteor

Thank you SO much!

Labels