Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Checking the digits

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have a list of mobile phone numbers, which contains of 10 numbers some phone numbers have not been written correctly so, some phone numbers are contains more or less 10 digit number, I want to add a filter so that I will give my the numbers which are correct (have 10 digits number) the number which are less or more than 10 digit I want to get rid of them. How is it possible to do that in alteryx? 

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Feras95p ,

You can first convert the phone numbers into a string data type and then use a length function to return the number of characters withing each string

AngelosPachis_0-1613031855993.png

If the number is 10, that will come out of the T output anchor of the filter.

Let me know if that worked for you.

Cheers,

Angelos

AntDavis42
7 - Meteor

Hi @Feras95p ,

You can also use the "ToString()" function in your statemen if you don't which to change the format type using a select tool.

AntDavis42_0-1613032996316.pngAntDavis42_1-1613033063566.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Along with the solutions @Feras95p and @AngelosPachis  have posted - you can use a data-cleanse tool to get rid of brackets, dashes and spaces, leaving only digits - and then use the length function in a function tool to check the remaining digits.

Labels