Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Checking key words

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have attached a sample file contains 3 sheets which are (Input, Key word, Output). What I'm looking for is to have a workflow with two inputs which are (Input sheet and Key word sheet) then the workflow will check from the input sheet is these is any word key in the DEC if yes the workflow should give me in the output the DEC with Profile column as shown in the output sheet.

So, the workflow will check the input file in the DEC column and check if there is any key word which exist in the key word file if yes add a column and write the profile which is beside the key work column in the key word sheet. 

Any help in that please?

16 REPLIES 16
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Feras95p 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1641729943455.png

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Feras95p 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

HH

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thanks for helping ! I tried it on my actual data and I got only 37 out of 11248 ! Any idea why? 

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-09 at 6.57.00 PM.jpeg

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Feras95p 

I am not sure. If the word is exact then it should match. Check once in excel apply the filter on the column and check whether the keyword exists in the DES and are you getting a different number of rows in that. The keyword should be exact (same case and characters) if it's not it will not catch.

Let me know how it goes.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05  I checked, the same word exactly exact in the DES, if u checked the pic that I have attached there is one warning about the memory, any idea?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Feras95p 

Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, Alteryx is mentioning that needs more processing space (RAM space) to process this request. Try clearing your memory space by closing other applications. Check your task system manager free by space.

atcodedog05_0-1641745674392.png

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Allocating-requested-dedicated-sort-jo...

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @atcodedog05 ,

Sorry for disturbance, one more question please, now if I want to add priority to the profile so in case the key word is repeat or there is more than profile for the same keyword I want to have which it has priority number 1 then 2 and 3 as shown in the file attached. Is that possible?  

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Feras95p 

Find and replace will always take the first occurrence. Try something like below.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1641820865602.png

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 Hi, 

Sorting is not working, I think it's better to get each row with unique ID and each cell show have the keywords of it with their priority then take the higher priority only. For example let say we have in DES 2 keyword which are apple and banana  so the workflow will generate two rows with same ID of that DES let's say ID of that cell is 145 and the apple has priority 1 and banana 3 so we will have like this

134   apple   1

134    banana 3

So the profile of this DES will be apple even though if the banana came before apple in the DES ... Did u get what I mean? I'm trying to da that in alteryx but I couldn't  

Labels