Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Checking if a column contains data from another column

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

Probably a fairly question but looking for something to a vlookup. Checked some other articles but could not find exactly what I was looking for. 

Have attached some sample data to show what I am trying to do. 

Basically I have two columns of data which should have the same data in them. I need to check that they do and if there are any differences investigate them. To do this I usually use the vlookup in my sample.

Would there be any way to replicate this in Alteryx?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BillyL14 I mocked up a workflow let me know what you think?

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @BillyL14 — You can do it through a Join tool only, and through "Find Replace" tool as well.

Please check the attached solution as I have created both the methods:

vizAlter_0-1598381759915.png

vizAlter_0-1598381682319.png

(Attached the files again.)

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

hi @vizAlter 

would you mind sending again, I cannot open it, thanks

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

@JosephSerpis thanks, I'm just going through it at the moment, bit more complex than any of the workflows I have worked with before

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@BillyL14 — Please find it again

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

Thanks very much for your replies. I am going through those workflows and trying to understand them a bit better. I have a similar type of data attached, would it be possible to run this through the workflow as well? I need to keep the columns with the amounts and have the "check" and "ok" columns next to it. I'd just like to compare how this file goes through the workflow compared to the other file I had earlier.

Thanks again

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BillyL14 revised the workflow with the new data. Alteryx by default does not allow for same column names and will rename a column to make unique hence one of the amount has been renamed to amount2

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@BillyL14  — Please check the solution attached!

vizAlter_2-1598385830768.png

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @BillyL14 — Hope the given solution is good.

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it "Like", or "Solved" if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

Labels