Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Checkbox | Deactivate Workflows

maier_alexander_MO
8 - Asteroid

Hey everyone,

I am having the following problem I want so solve:

In my current workflow, there are several files being created and automatically sent to different people. This works really good, however i want to add the function on the Gallery, that there is a Tick-Mark that deactives the automated email-sending:

maier_alexander_MO_0-1585744539568.png

If-unticked, I want the workflows that execute the email-sending to be deactived. I tried several things via the container but could not get it to work and received the error "Record#1: Couldn't resolve host name".

This is my current workflow, do you know of a possibility to make this possible? 

maier_alexander_MO_1-1585744827208.png

Thank you so much for your help on this!

Kind regards,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi Alex,

What version are you currently using? I've just built this with the following config:

mceleavey_0-1585746858005.png

The Action tool looks like this:

mceleavey_1-1585746892046.png

and the check box:

mceleavey_2-1585746921902.png

This is working perfectly.

Change the configuration in the action tool to enable/disable the container, rather than update the value, that should work.

M.

Bulien

maier_alexander_MO
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mceleavey ,

perfect thank you very much - it is working as intended now! 🙂

Kind regards and have a great day,

Alex

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Glad I could help!