Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Check if column is in its proper order

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Initially, I was trying to get multiple files consolidated into one huge data based on their column names, but since some column names differ (even in the most littlest ways like extra whitespaces), I started to get errors of failed import due to different schema..

And so, I changed my macro output configuration into "Auto Configure by Position".. But now my  problem is that for some files, one or two columns may be missing in between.

Is there a way to check the column name based on its column order? Say for example, the column should strictly be the 5th column. Otherwise, the file will not proceed to processing..

I am thinking of counting all columns that exist within a file or checking the last column column field if null

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @KMadamba ,

You can use the 'field info' tool for that. It gives you the order and amount of fields given on a table as well as some extra info like type of data and size of the field.

Cheers

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Thank you! This led me to the right direction.

I used the field info tool and did a match comparison with the input data

Labels