Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Check Box Functionality & Interface for Macro/App

gwiz
8 - Asteroid

I have a dataset from a server that the user selects a value (from a drop down). That value needs to determine any of four containers to run (can be 1,2,3 or all 4). Further for each container or pathway the user should be able to select whether they want output 1 and/or output 2 (i imagine a checkbox interface).

I have attached an example package with the data. Item is the field to filter on from the drop down (so the user will select the item). And Category is the field that is based on one of four pathways (category A,B,C, or D). One thing to note is item may be in any of the four categories. So in the data for example, should the user choose Item E, it would need to go through pathways/containers B and C and the user should be able to choose for pathways B and C if they want output1 and/or output2.

I just can't figure out how to make this all work. I would appreciate the help! Huge thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Your action tools aren't actually doing anything... You need to have them replace a value as attached:

2021-05-14.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Here's an updated version - a few notes.

1) fixed action tools

2) changed filters so the action tools played nice with them.

3) changed interface designer/so you don't show results to user.

Labels