Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Charting tool -- Adding sub-titles for Groupings

corinne_milligan
6 - Meteoroid
Within the charting tool (Report/Presentation tools) I have grouped my data to create multiple charts.  How do I title/sub-title each chart to identify which group it is?   My variable is Region.  I have tried putting into the subtitle field of the charting tool each of the following:  Region, [Region], [[Region]], but instead of picking up the variable, it puts in exactly what I typed.  Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
PaulT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The best way to get a title associated with a chart, map, or table is to use the Text tool located in the Reporting toolbox. The below image shows a module that adds a subtitle to a map.

By taking the data that is going in to your map and connecting it to a Text tool you can set the header to look however you would like. The Available Fields drop down menu will allow you to select the field you want (Region in your case) to display on your map.

rtaImage.png

After configuring the text tool, you will need to bring the header text tool and the chart you created together via a join tool. If you are only creating 1 chart, you can "join by record position." However, if you are grouping to creating several charts you will want to join based on Group, and whatever unique field you are grouping by.

The last component, is adding a Layout tool, where you will determine the placement of your header. If you want it on top, you will need a Vertical layout vs. a Horizontal layout for side by side.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @corinne_milligan

Are you OK to mark @PaulT 's solution as 'Solved"?   That way, this can contribute to the body of knowledge that folks can search for worked solutions.

Community Team - if @corinne_milligan is not able to get to this in a week or two - would you mind marking this as solved?

Thank you
Sean

Labels