Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Charting Tool Legend

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Is it not possible to change the font size of the Legend text in a charting tool (no maps being used, just a simple chart based on a simple table)?
4 REPLIES 4
PaulT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
You can change the font size of the legend by going in to the configuration of the Charting Tool. Under Setup Chart Appearance, select "Font Details," there you will have the dropdown option to "Change Legend Font." By changing that to "Yes" you will have the option to change font size, color, and style.
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Thanks!
Rominap11
5 - Atom

Hi!

How can I change the color of the bars? I dont mean by field, but I just simply one another color and not just red.

Another question, If I am using the email tool, how can I just send one email having two charts that I have join and created a layout already?

PaulT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Greetings @Rominap11,

Are you asking whether or not you can change all of the bar colors from red to another color? Or are you wanting different colors for each bar?

If it's the former, then you can simply click on the number corresponding with your Series and change the Series Color.

1-12-2018 9-47-26 AM.jpg

With respect to the Email Tool you may want to review this article (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Email/ta-p/32129/jump-to/first-...)

In short, one email will be generated per record of data being passed in to the Email Tool. Therefore if you have two charts you will want to join them so that they share a row in the table. You can bring those charts together via the Layout tool so that you can control where they appear and how they relate to one another (one on top of the other, or side to side). Now that you have reduced those two charts to a single Layout Report snippet, you can use that as your Body field, and the email tool should issue a single email with those two charts in the body.

Cheers,

Paul

Labels