Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chart of Accounts

cireost
8 - Asteroid

Hi - 

I have a data set that has fields labeled as codes .  I have another file that shows the chart of accounts which indicates what the codes mean.  

1) How can I add the names of the fields under the codes?

2) Is there a way for alteryx to recognize that both the codes and names are fields? I don't want the field names to be recognized as records.  Maybe the option is to add the field names to the codes?  I have listed this as option 2 in the example.

Please see example provided and results tab for how i would like the final output to look.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @cireost!

Give this workflow a try and see if it will work for you. Make sure to check the box for "First Row Contains Data" in the input for your Chart of Accounts.

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Will this work for you?

cireost
8 - Asteroid

Thanks - if there were 2 rows of data?  how would the cross tab tool work to bring everything back?

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

You could try the below if you really want ABC in the headers and Apples in row 1.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

In that case, you can bring in a RecordID and group by RecordID in the Transpose and Cross Tab tools.

Try this:

Capture.PNG

Labels