Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chart Legend Customization

kuljisd
7 - Meteor

Hello! My name is Dominick Kuljis and I have a couple questions about using the customizing the legend within the chart module. I want to run a batch macro which puts out over 20 graphs for various different hospitals and I would like to customize the legend of each graph to the respective hospital it corresponds to. I know the name of the column which you assign to the series within the chart drop down shows up in the legend is there a way I can change this series name after creating the chart. I saw you could customize a map rendering legend but I can find no options to change the legend of the graph without changing each different series.

Picture1 is what currently is put out by my workflow and I would like it to change the box highlighted in black to a Hospital Name. Picture2 depicts the same graphs but now with data displayed from Hospital 2 on it.

2 REPLIES 2
JeradR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kuljisd,

I recommend you take a look at the Tool Mastery article on Charting and the sample workflow within Designer called "Batch reports with Charts Maps" (Help -> Sample Workflows -> Presentation Workflows.  For a more detailed training resource, please see the following training recording:  Live Training: Getting Started with Batch Reporting.

In your case, you'll need to setup a Grouping field, a Label field, and to plot the data by Field (see below).  Attached is a sample workflow to demonstrate.

GroupingLabelData1Data2Data3
Hospital1Hospital1021.5
Hospital1State132
Hospital1Nation221.5
Hospital2Hospital2001
Hospital2State232
Hospital2Nation1.522

Regards,

Jerad Rades

Customer Support Engineer

kuljisd
7 - Meteor

Wow!! Sweet that is amazing!! I have found a fix myself but I will definitely use this for next time!

Labels