Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chart Legend Customization

kuljisd
7 - Meteor

Hello! My name is Dominick Kuljis and I have a couple questions about using the customizing the legend within the chart module. I want to run a batch macro which puts out over 20 graphs for various different hospitals and I would like to customize the legend of each graph to the respective hospital it corresponds to. I know the name of the column which you assign to the series within the chart drop down shows up in the legend is there a way I can change this series name after creating the chart. I saw you could customize a map rendering legend but I can find no options to change the legend of the graph without changing each different series.

Picture1 is what currently is put out by my workflow and I would like it to change the box highlighted in black to a Hospital Name. Picture2 depicts the same graphs but now with data displayed from Hospital 2 on it.

2 REPLIES 2
JeradR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kuljisd,

I recommend you take a look at the Tool Mastery article on Charting and the sample workflow within Designer called "Batch reports with Charts Maps" (Help -> Sample Workflows -> Presentation Workflows.  For a more detailed training resource, please see the following training recording:  Live Training: Getting Started with Batch Reporting.

In your case, you'll need to setup a Grouping field, a Label field, and to plot the data by Field (see below).  Attached is a sample workflow to demonstrate.

GroupingLabelData1Data2Data3
Hospital1Hospital1021.5
Hospital1State132
Hospital1Nation221.5
Hospital2Hospital2001
Hospital2State232
Hospital2Nation1.522

Regards,

Jerad Rades

Customer Support Engineer

kuljisd
7 - Meteor

Wow!! Sweet that is amazing!! I have found a fix myself but I will definitely use this for next time!

Labels