community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Changing the "Base Map" for other mapping services (e.g. Google Maps, Mapbox)

Highlighted

Hi all,

Is there a way to add other mapping services such as Google Maps or Mapbox to Alteryx 10.x? Right now, I only see options to select the Reference Base Map by CloudMade (see below). Am I limited to using this?

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Andrew

Alteryx Certified Partner
I would love to see the abilty to have Mapbox, Google or Open Street Maps as options as well. I never really liked the CloudMade maps
Alteryx Partner

I'm looking for something similar. I'd love to add satellite imagery to my maps, especially when a high level of detail is visible, e.g. buildings and household data.

Is there a way to add a different base map?

Alteryx Partner

Local alternatives exists as richer maps... I second this as well... #basemap #googlemaps #mapbox #basarsoft

Alteryx Partner

Here is Alteryx support answer;

"Alternative mapping APIs are possible, but they are not supported.  

1. You can view the parameters of the Carto web map tile service here: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\MapServer. 
  2. You'd likely want to install the new .map files somewhere else so they aren't overwritten with each product update.  
  3. You'll also need to add an .ini file for each new mapping dataset to here: C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\DataSets\Maps.  You may want to look at GlobeXplorer.ini for a reference."
Alteryx
Alteryx

Alteryx does have basemaps from TomTom, but they are a part of the Spatial package and may not be worth it if the additional tools are not needed.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Customer Support Engineer

Labels