Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing the menu size

Dark_Hobbit
5 - Atom

Happy New Year to everyone!

I'm fairly new to using Alteryx and am currently trying to learn more about it features. And in the videos, I see that some people have their icons and menu bars take up much less space on the whole window (smaller size), allowing for more information to be visible at once. I'd want to change the scaling so that everything would look smaller, but I can't manage to find it in the settings or find any topic discussing how to do that.

If anyone knows of a solution or a setting for that, I'd greatly appreciate it!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Happy New Year! This is generally because people are using higher resolution screens so you can normally accomplish by increasing your resolution higher, or checking on your Scale and Layout Windows settings if you search for "Display Settings" in Windows. If your value is higher than 100% the icons and toolbars will be larger. You can make them smaller by adjusting this down to 100%

scale.png

Dark_Hobbit
5 - Atom

Brandon, thank you very much for your reply!

The issue is that I'm working on the company server through remote connection and can't edit any Windows settings there, which is why I was looking for a in-software solution. However, it looks like my laptop's settings do carry over to the remote connection in some way (didn't expect that), so it actually helped solve my problem. Thanks again, and sorry for asking such a stupid question 🙂

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The community is here to help! And yes, sometimes different machines deal with display scaling differently. Stay safe and happy solving!

Labels