Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing the look of data before Render tool

Rugglesr
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have a report that I am running that counts data based on types and sub topics. I would like for them to be ordered like this:

Capture.PNG

I  for the life of me can not figure out how to accomplish this, when I try to arrange it it ends up looking like this:

Capture2PNG.PNG

Anyone able to suggest how I can get it to this format?

7 REPLIES 7
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Rugglesr ,

Here you have, working like a charm. :)

Untitled.png

Cheers

Rugglesr
5 - Atom

Hey

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Rugglesr ,

The schema changed pretty much yes. Here it is. I hope it is what you were looking for.

Untitled.png

Cheers

Rugglesr
5 - Atom

Hey @afv2688,

Thanks this worked, now I need to ask how we include the count, I tried adding a summarize in but then it starts us back at square one. Also, Subtopic should be where field1 is as the parent and field1 should be the child.

Like this:

Subtopic

field1

field1

I am completely new to Macro's and Alteryx so I tried to play with what you provided but have had no luck.

Thanks again for the patience and help!

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Rugglesr ,

Is this what you were looking for:

Untitled.png

I added the sum of the totals per task on the same row

Cheers

Rugglesr
5 - Atom

That is perfect! Thanks again for all you your amazing help!

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You are welcome :)

If you don't mind, would you please mark it as solved. Helps the community to find the solutions faster in the forum

Cheers

Labels