Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Changing the Y-Axis Ordering

xbabykangaroox
5 - Atom

xbabykangaroox_0-1653430328584.png

I have the current data set; I am curious as to how I make it so that the Y-axis is properly ordered and that the bars correspond to the correct Y-axis amount in increasing order. It seems like it is simply associating each bar with its strict excel value; I have tried fixing this with both strings and doubles...

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Are you able to attach your workflow so we can take a further look @xbabykangaroox? At a glance, it looks like the issue is that the data is being sorted by date, rather than applying an ascending sort to the $ values (when converted to a number).

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @xbabykangaroox,

I  you will need to change your sales data to a numeric type using a formula tool. If they are a string the chart will assume they are categories not a sliding scale

IraWatt_1-1653431134998.png

You could also try looking at the axis range above. Do you have some example data to look at?

Labels