Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing name of Gallery in Designer

RodLight
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to change the "My Company's Gallery" identifier under File>Save. I have a situation where a Designer has access to two different Gallery's and would like to title them differently...they both say "My Company's Gallery" (although the URL is different of course). 

3 REPLIES 3
VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RodLight,

Yes you can do that easily within the gallery Admin (you might need help from your Gallery administrator in case you don't have admin access) 

Go to Theme > Gallery Name

Change there the name and save

VianneyM_0-1585131709852.png

Now your Designer will see the new name when you save workflows to the gallery. 

I also recommend to direct these type of questions to Server Discussions. There you will get a faster answer because this is a server related topic. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/bd-p/server-discussions

Let me know if that helps

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RodLight,

I almost forgot. You need to remove the gallery from the Designer first for the changes to take effect. 

Save as > Private Gallery > "Select gallery to be erased" > Select: Settings > Remove Gallery

VianneyM_0-1585133046637.png

Add again the gallery, once you do that you will see the gallery renamed

VianneyM_2-1585133148337.png

I hope this helps

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
RodLight
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, @VianneyM 

I had forgotten about the name being on the theme page!

And I posted to the Designer side as it affected the user from the Designer, but yes, posting to the Server side makes sense. 😉

Labels