Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing fonts based on conditions

yudai_shiraishi
7 - Meteor

I would like to change the font of the field based on the condition
For example, in order to make the character of a field containing a specific wording red
How can I do it?

Red letters in the field containing C's letters
Or fill fields in red

Can it be realized with Alteryx?

as.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

If you are using the reporting tool and specifically the table tool this can be done using an expression for the column configurations.  However, if you are trying to save to Excel or something like that you will need to do the formatting in the output tool.  

One option would be outputting to an Excel file that was preconfigured with conditional formatting rules.

yudai_shiraishi
7 - Meteor

Dear nick_ceneviva

thank you for your answer.

Could you explain to me about a concrete method?
I would like to see how I realized it.

Best Regards

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

The method will depend on the final output of the workflow.  Is it going to be an Excel file, Flat File, Saved as PDF,etc?  Once I know the final output it will be easier to come up with a possible solution

yudai_shiraishi
7 - Meteor
Dear nick_ceneviva

Thank you for your reply
I am supposed to output in Excel.

I am waiting for your answer.

Best Regards
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Because you are outputting to Excel, I would handle the conditional formatting using the conditional formatting tools available within Excel (https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Quick-start-Apply-conditional-formatting-6b6f7c2a-5d62-45a1...).  If you are creating a new file as part of the workflow, you will need to add the conditional formatting after the alteryx workflow runs.  If you are appending to an existing file, you can add the conditional formatting before running the workflow and the formatting will exist once you open the file. 

The above is really the only option for accomplishing the font changes as you are not able to control how Alteryx writes the font to an Excel file.

Hope that helps.

yudai_shiraishi
7 - Meteor

Dear nick_ceneviva

thank you for your answer.

We will consider future response.

Best Regards

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

You could also look to use the Table tool within the reporting section in Alteryx.

This enables you to set row and/or column rules that you can then change the font or background colours.

Labels