Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Changing color of points spatial objects to view in the map interface when running as app

Aviator0807
8 - Asteroid

So I know you can change all that in the report map tool, but the output becomes a static image. I want to use the map interface and run the workflow as a app so that the map stays "interactive". Is there a way to label and change colors of points so that they appear like they do in my report tool in the map interface tool? 

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you trying to change the point marker on the map interface? I'm going to give you a maybe on this one...  see the attached? that's a file in your RuntimeData/JSMap/img directory-

Copy in a new marker (or whatever you want) and rename  it to marker-icon.png and you'll probably have a new marker.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Aviator0807 

There's no way to output the map so that it remains interactive without using a third party display tool like Tableau.

Dan

Labels