Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing a record

olehr
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I am quite new to Alteryx, and I have a small problem I hope you can help me with. 

In my dataset I need to change some records. That is, Have a field called Municipality Code, and some of the records need to change due to changes in administrative boundaries. 

One example is that I have a code 1567, which I need to change to 5061. 

I tried:  If [Municipalitycode] = "1567" then [Municipalitycode] = "5061" else [Munivipalitycode] endif 

This did not work. Hope some of you can help me :)

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Thanks for the question. You need to simplify your statement. Using the formula tool, once you select the municipalitycode field from the drop down, the formula becomes:

If [MuniciplaityCode] = "1567" Then "5061" Else [MunicipaltyCode] ENDIF

Good luck with your endeavors. I suggest some Alteryx academy INTERACTIVE training to help.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would suggest looking at the find and replace tool for this kind of work as it allows you to easy replace entries like you describe

olehr
8 - Asteroid

Thank you :)

Labels