Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Change the color of the fields on data table

Sshasnk
8 - Asteroid

I have attached the file here, I basically have to change the color of the field based on where the header is starting from

Please look into the input sheet and let me know if you have any questions

8 REPLIES 8
FilipR
11 - Bolide

You cannot use Alteryx to change cell colors in the Excel reports it produces.

You can work around it by making a template with conditional formatting, and populating it instead of creating new Excel files.

Sshasnk
8 - Asteroid

@FilipR Yes, I am asking for the second part. I am not sure how to do the formatting in table tool and I know we can do that and create report using render tool

MilindG
12 - Quasar

MilindG_0-1664890696464.png

Not sure if thats what you're looking for

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

You need column rules in the table tool.  You can set the rule to always apply on that column or based on a condition.

Christina_H_0-1664890680773.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Sshasnk One way of doing this with the table tool using the column rules and row rules

binuacs_0-1664891227657.png

FilipR
11 - Bolide

Use these settings in the Output Data tool:

FilipR_1-1664891411004.png

Note that you have to define your range upfront. You can write a bigger number than the number of rows you expect to be written into the table, or think about a more dynamic solution.

Please see a working example attached.

Sshasnk
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs How you added the yellow color

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Sshasnk you can add column rules

binuacs_0-1664892515329.png

Labels