Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change file name in excel file output based on running month

keepcalm
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have an existing workflow where i need to run data daily and compile them all on a monthly basis.I have below workflow where the formula is used to create tabs in the excel worksheet. Im trying to create an output excel file per month eg " monetary report for April." How do i add on that to my exisintg workflow below without having to change the file name manually and name them based on the month Im running them on? Thanks !

keepcalm_0-1586533838925.png

3 REPLIES 3
AMansour
11 - Bolide

Hello @keepcalm 

Why note to create with the formula the file path (by concatenating the folder path + FileName + sheet name ) and use in the output the option "Take File/Table Name from Field"  to change the full path as bellow?

Capture d’écran 2020-04-10 à 17.59.31.png

Let me know if that help here 

Cheers 

Amr

keepcalm
7 - Meteor

Hi @AMansour 

I wasnt clear enough. Im trying to create a new excel for my ouput (if its a new month).My workflow is ok for the month of March. Just that is there any way the users can based on a new excel output for Apr without them having the need to delete previous records in March ?

Note: Currently Im compiling records on a daily basis and users would like to see all records end of month. Im using formula to specify the tab in my excel.appreciate the help thank you

keepcalm_1-1587206567884.png

keepcalm_2-1587206592839.png

AMansour
11 - Bolide

Hi @keepcalm 

To create a new excel output we need to change dynamically the path based on the current month name try this function:

"\\Mac\Home\Desktop\" + DateTimeFormat([DateTimeNow],'%B')+".xlsx|||"+ DateTimeFormat(ToString(DateTimeNow()),'%Y-%m-%d')

I attached you the workflow with the configuration.

Let me know if that help

Amr

Labels