Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change Output Path in HDFS (output tool)

Krit_Gable
8 - Asteroid

in output tool, Is there a way to dynamic change data path result for HDFS via connection 

hdfsc:Hostname=<<Host Name >>:<<Port>>;User=<<User>>;Password=<<PASSWORD>>;Authenticate=false;Tempdir=/tmp;URL=<<HOST NAME>>:<<PORT>>/<<APIGATEWAY>>|||/dev/result/data_.csv

I have scenario where I have to save different data path base on  environment  ( dev/prod/qa) 

I was wondering is there a possible way to change data path in hdfs ( change /dev/result/data_.csv  values)

Image 1.png

Since Append/prepend/change file would only change name of the file not location data.

and I did with entire path which I require copy who string which contain user and password which I concern on security.

Are there recommend solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Krit_Gable 

You can use a concept called a Batch Macro. This a great article that will help you get started.

Using the Control Parameter module you will be able to feed in the values you'd like to overwrite the path with and the Action Module will allow you to choose which bit you would like to replace - see the below

MichalM_0-1608548601312.png

Krit_Gable
8 - Asteroid

Hi @MichalM  

Thank you for the idea, I manage to create simple batch macro that  can change enviroment folder in hdfs. The article is really helpful. 

Labels