community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Change IP and Machine Machine Name of Alteryx Design Server

Hi ,

As part of a data centre re-organisation, the server on which Alteryx Designer 11.5 is installed is moving and as a result is getting a new machine name and IP. It's a Windows machine running as a VM under VMWare and is a 'lift and drop' rather than a new build/install with the rename/re-ip happening during the move process.

My question is - will the Alteryx software installation be impacted by the ,machine rename and re-ip or will any configuration changes be required ? We're investigating potential license impacts with Alteryx Fullfillment sepeartely.

Regards,

Paddy

Hello @paloughnane 

This is an issue that our Fulfillment team will be able to assist you with. 
Due to the nature of licensing, this will be handled directly through them and not through the community.

Please let me know if there is any other way we can assist you!

TrevorS

Community Moderator

Hi, 

There are 2 parts to my question which to repeat is in the context of ... as part of a data centre re-organisation, the server on which Alteryx Designer 11.5 is installed is moving and as a result is getting a new machine name and IP. It's a Windows machine running as a VM under VMWare and is a 'lift and drop' rather than a new build/install with the rename/re-ip happening during the move process.

a) As regards potential license impact, I have already emailed Alteryx Fulfillment <fulfillment@alteryx.com> separately on this to see what if any is the impact ?  

b) Will the Alteryx software installation be impacted by the machine rename and re-ip or will any configuration changes be required ? Or does your earlier reply depend on how we are licensed - I would have thought not , that this a technical/configuration question ?

Regards,

Paddy

Labels