Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change Detour from left to right

rgusaas
8 - Asteroid

I have tried numerous ways to get the Detour tool to flip from Right to Left with no avail. I have tried both using the Condition tool connected to the Action tool and the action tool connected directly to the Control Parameter. 

My ask is that someone get the Detour tool to flip from right to left based on an Action tool vs. a Question and prove that it can be done.

Thanks in advance.

DetourMacro.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@rgusaas,

Here is a macro of mine that validates IP addresses.  In it, you will find a detour example. 

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MSalvage
11 - Bolide

@rgusaas,

When connecting an action tool to the Detour tool the value you need to update is this one:

Action Update for Detour.PNG

If it is updated to "True" it will detour right if "False" then left.

Best,

MSalvage

rgusaas
8 - Asteroid

The problem occurs before it reaches the Action tool.

I am trying to pass a 'True' value to the Control Parameter tool via the Text Input tool. I don't think the Control Parameter tool is passing the 'True' value to the Action tool. I have tried attaching an Error Message tool to the Control Parameter but get nothing.

DetourMacro.jpg

MSalvage
11 - Bolide

@rgusaas,

First off, make sure you select that Replace a specific string check box.

replace string check box.PNG

If that isn't the problem make sure you are mapping the correct field to the control parameter.

Control Mapping.PNG

If that's not it, then attached is a working duplicate of your macro/workflow.

Best,

MSalvage

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

The key here is the actual value that is being passed in.  It's a quirk with the Alteryx XML in that even though you see a "True" or "False", it's actually expecting a 1 or 0, or a boolean field type.  If you actually pass in this, you'll get the correct results.  Take a look at my attached example, which includes the batch macro that updates a Detour properly with a Control Parameter. 

Also, just as a heads up you do not need to check the box to replace a specific string.  You certainly can do it, but in this case it isn't necessary. ControlParameterUpdateDetourWorkflow.png

ControlParameterUpdateDetourResult.png

Thanks!

~ Chad

dataprepu.com

rgusaas
8 - Asteroid

At long last a solution that actually works!

Many Thanks!

MVS
5 - Atom

I have the same issue, i got your solution, but is it possible not to use  as macro? Thaks 

Labels