Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change Datatype to number

DeepakKrish
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I want to change datatype from string(abc) to number(#) and convert the file to .tde, The problem is the value has 18 digits(0.564738273645638282), i tried select tool, formula tool(To numer function), but i didn't get same values.  give me the idea  to fix this one. please see the attached imgage for your reference.

4 REPLIES 4
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

The type 'FixedDecimal' should work for you, and you can change this within a Select tool. For fixed decimal, the number after the (.) is the number of decimal places you would like to keep - in this case, 18. Please see this article for more information about this type.This article gives more info about the FixedDecimal type. 

63Zi1V0

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
DeepakKrish
7 - Meteor

It's working fine in alteryx, But when i stored the output as .tde file and opened in tableau ,it's again showing 8 digits only.

See the attached image.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@DeepakKrish - Tableau defaults to show that many digits on the Data tab. Once you move the measure to the sheet of you choice, you can edit the formatting there.

fDlgVjs

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
DeepakKrish
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the information. it's working for me.

Labels