cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Change CloudMade Basemap back to previous version

Meteoroid

Dear Alteryx Community,

I noticed that the CloudMade base map has changed. The current version makes our analysis more difficult as road names etc. are less visible. Is there a way to change it back to the previous version with more colours, not the current grey one?

Thanks in advance.  

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @flojosx,

I'm assuming that you're asking to change to the Carto maps back to CloudMade?  As of 11.0, Alteryx replaced the free CloudMade mapping API with the Carto Dark and Carto Positron maps that you're seeing in the Designer.  Unfortunately rolling back to a version prior to 11.0 will not work either because of a redirect.

If you're on 11.0, the Carto Dark map seems to have more contrast than the Carto Positron map.

cartodark.pngcartopositron.png

Meteoroid

I am using the Carto (Positron), but it is still really bad for our analysis. I am still running Alteryx 10.6 but it changed there too, while still called CloudMade. I hope there be an update soon with a better map, as this "upgrade" is really annoying for us. 

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@flojosx - You can always add ideas to the Alteryx Product Ideas page.  Perhaps you could suggest a different Carto tileset with more common colorization.

I agree 100%.  The new version could definitely use some improvement.  We use TomTom for our domestic mapping and the CloudMade Basemap for our international analysis and it has made life extremely difficult.  The odd thing is that the map input tool still uses the original version of the CloudMade basemap. 

Alteryx Partner

There is definitely some value to this proposal @flojosx because;

• Cannot draw the maps quickly. Not responsive.
  • Most of the time I get is a parse error...
  • These Carto maps halt frequently and even crash Alteryx session at hand...

Not expected in such an #enterprise level software. When I demoed this in front of several mobile telco clients in Turkey,

they immediately figured out that Alteryx mapping is #old looking and #buggy. Period.

@AshleyK

Here is a common viewPicture1.png

Labels