Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Challenge : How to do Category mapping to new Part Numbers using a training data set

JohanRanschaert
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a list of Part Numbers and the related Category.

Based out of this set of data, which I would call the training data set, I would like to build a model.

This model would then be used to define the Category for new Part Numbers for which I don't know the Category yet.

Where should I start? How is this called? Pattern Matching, Predictive Grouping, Clustering, ...?

Anyone with experience in regards to this topic?

Thx for the input.

Johan

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @JohanRanschaert ,

can you post some data showing what you have and what you're trying to achieve so we can help?

M.

Bulien

JohanRanschaert
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

thx for reaching out.

In attach a sample file.

Regards,

Johan

JohanRanschaert
8 - Asteroid

Hi Mister,

thx for reaching out.

In attach a sample file.

Regards,

Johan

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @JohanRanschaert 

Since you're attempting to predict a categorical variable with categorical predictors, you should look at the decision tree or forest model tools. 

The difficult part will be normalizing the part numbers.  For instance, in the following two part numbers,  "HA2" is possibly significant, but it's fourth in the one and fifth in the other.   

PAN-PA-5050-GP-HA2-R
PAN-PA-5020-URL2-5YR-HA2

You'll need to develop a scheme to modify part numbers as required to properly align the pieces.

I suppose that contacting the team that mapped your training set and asking them how they did it is out of the question.

Dan

JohanRanschaert
8 - Asteroid

Hi Sir,

Thx for the input.

This is the reason why I would like to train a model so we don't need to normalize the sku or cut the sku into pieces.

By the way I tried using Decision Tree and Forest Model.

When using Decision Try, the flow was running for more then 20 hours still at 21%

When using Forest Model, I always get the same errors:

- Error: Forest Model (5): Forest Model: Error in randomForest.default(m, y, ...) :

- Error: Forest Model (5): Forest Model: Execution halted

- Error: Forest Model (5): Forest Model: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

Regards,

Johan

Labels