Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chaining apps with browse and start next app on completion

icoleman
7 - Meteor

I have a set of three apps that operate in the following manner:

1. imports file and splits into three summary files so I can get pricing

2. imports the files that were created in step 1 that now have pricing

3. combine the import file in step 1 and the three imports from step 3 and create summary reports

Now I had all this working great on my laptop, but when I upload to the gallery things don't operate entirely the same. I had everything working with dynamic inputs on my laptop, but had to switch everything over to regular imports. Is it possible on the conclusion of step 1 to show the three files I created so they can be opened and saved and then create a prompt or run button to continue to step 2? Right now it's just opening the browse files and not continuing.

I'll import the app if needed.

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@icoleman 

The reason why it's working locally and not the server is due to the fact that you are more than likely pointing those outputs to a "user" folder which the Server does not have access to. You would need to use network file paths or paths on the server to write that data out. You can use your option if you like however. You would need to open the Interface Designer and select for the outputs to be displayed upon completion.

DanM

icoleman
7 - Meteor

I fixed that. Originally I was using dynamic inputs to bring in the the file name, but because everything was one file at a time I just went with the regular input data. Everything is pulling in fine now, so rookie mistake on the directory naming.

The app still behaves different online as well though. I can't seem to get them to chain properly online, but are just fine on the desktop. I'm just going to split up the process and have 1 app for each step because there either doesn't seem to be the functionality that I desire or I just can't figure out.

Labels