Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chained analytic app or radio buttons to select only certain files to be inputted

carl-meyer
7 - Meteor

Okay so i have 7 different containers all asking for seperate files and outputting 7 different outputs, however I'd like it to run any possible combination of the 7, maybe just 1, or 1 and 2, or maybe all 7. However to proceed its making it require an input of all 7. Is there a way i can do a check box or something to choose the combination of the 7(by disabling the containers) I want and then only input the files I need from there? Or would I need to do a chained analytic app which help would definitely be appreciated either way. This is an example of what the 7 containers look like.  Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @carl-meyer ,

You don't need a chained app.

If you have 7 containers, use the numbers 1-7 to populate a list box. You can then select each number you want to run (or name of the process in the box, whatever) and use the number selected to activate or deactivate the appropriate boxes.

mceleavey_0-1639418648014.png

I've attached the workflow as an example. This will let you choose which boxes to run.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Here's another approach. Hopefully, this give you the interface you are looking for:

The check box serves Three functions:

1.Trigger the Action tool related to File Browse. Only when check is this now required. If Input 1 is not checked, then it's not requred.

2. Turns container on if checked, off if Unchecked. 

3. Collapses if uncheck Disabling the File Browse Option.

The First action tool is intuitive it updates the file input, but only does so if the Check box is checked.

The Second Action Tool Collapses the container. Please note the use of the "Update with Formula"  option. The default option is honestly a lot messier for your use case.

csmith11_0-1639419005299.png

csmith11_1-1639419016559.png

carl-meyer
7 - Meteor

Thank you guys you were both a lot of help learned a lot @csmith11 your solution was exactly what I needed

Labels