Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Chained Apps not filtering correctly based off of dynamic input

Hello,

I am currently attempting to chain 4 workflows together as follows:

1. First workflow runs with a set of date range parameters set by date range interface tools

2. The date ranges selected are then output to temp directory as a .yxdb file with name and value fields

3. App #2 is kicked off after completion of App #1

4. Date Range Filter in App #2 is updated via a List Box interface tool that is referencing the temp .yxdb files 

5-n. This process then continues for the remaining 2 workflows to complete the cycle 

Issue that I am having is that all the subsequent workflows that are referencing the .yxdb file show a correct date range being applied, but the data file comes back with missing values. Particularly at the top range of the month. For example, if my inputs into the filter are '>="2021-06-01" & <="2021-06-30"' the output, when running the chained apps, will not include those with a date of 06-01. Going back through manually I can see that there are records that have a date range listed as 06-01. Ultimately, somehow, my chained app result is having records curtailed somehow. 

Any suggestions on what is causing the lapse as I work through the several chains of workflows that I have? 

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Edward_Williamson ,

chained apps using the temp directory can be tricky. You'll need to provide the apps if we are to see what the problem is. What I would recommend is try building it first using a local directory rather than a temp directory, also render a browse tool rather than the output on at each step so you can see what is actually being produced.

I've spent a lot of time building and fixing chained apps so feel free to reach out to me directly if you're still struggling.

M.

Bulien

@mceleavey - appreciate the quick response!

I believe I have attached everything...if something is missing, please let me know. First time exporting something like this, but checking the list it appeared that all files were there. 

Labels