Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chained Application Feedback Loops

iwilliams
8 - Asteroid

I was trying out a scenario with chained applications where you go from one app back to a previous one, and I got it working locally but when I publish to the Gallery it doesn't work.

This is how it should work:

start app -> asks user yes or no with dropdown

- yes will overwrite app3 with option1

- no will overwrite app3 with option 2

option1 app -> display "option1_yes" and trigger start app when completed

option2 app -> display "option2_no" and trigger app4 when completed

app3 -> displays "app3_unchanged" and triggers app4 when completed (these are just default settings to be overwritten)

app4 -> displays "app4"

In designer, when running as an analytic app, this works fine - anytime I select "yes" I see "option2_yes" and then the start app is triggered and I can make another selection. When I run this in the gallery and I select "yes" I'll see the "option2_yes" but app4 is run after app3(option1) and I never get back to the start app. I've even looked on the server at the staging location where the process I just ran is housed and it says that start.yxwz should run next after app3 in interface designer and in the xml of the app. 

It seems like the Gallery is updating app3 correctly except for the setting of running the start app next. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sounds good @iwilliams , if this helps resolve your issue,  please mark this post as a solution so that others in the community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks. 

iwilliams
8 - Asteroid

After communicating with the Alteryx Support team I learned that the issue I'm seeing is by design. The Gallery doesn't allow apps to be rerouted at runtime to avoid looping. It seems like this isn't something that will change anytime soon; they mentioned that their devs designed the server this way where the applications that run in the Gallery need to be verified ahead of time.

Labels