Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chained App drop down

varunamin
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

It is a chained app. Selecting the record from the drop down list does not filter out the selected record.

App 1:

1.PNG

App 2:

Excel file 2.xlxs goes into the drop down. The list gets generated. But when I select one record from the drop down, it does not fetch any record from Excel file 123.xlxs.

2.PNGPlease suggest any solutions.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi varunamin,

There is only one detail you need to fix in the action tool.

Select 'operand - value' in 'operands'. Since you want to replace the whole value itself, you don't need to select the 'replace specific string' checkbox.

image interface filter.JPG

Best,

Fernando V.

varunamin
8 - Asteroid

Hi Fernando ,

I even tried that but it is not working. No records are being fetched.

Thanks,

Varun

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi varunamin,

would you be able to share a small sample and your workflow?

Best,

Fernando V.

varunamin
8 - Asteroid

Hi Fernando,

Please find attached sample workflow.

It is a chained app. I do not know whether the chained app settings would reflect in yours when you open the workflows. But WTCS3 runs after WTCS1.

While file browse, upload the Test2.xlsx

Thanks,

Varun

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi varunamin,

Now I realize what the problem is. I misunderstood the error you were experiencing.

So, the name and value configuration from external source must have the following configuration.

Name = data that will be shown in drop down

Value = value that is going to be filtered

In your case, both name and value should be equals to operation, so that what you need to reconfigure in your formula tool in 1st workflow.

Best,

Fernando V.

varunamin
8 - Asteroid

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for quick reply.

I even tried that. But its not working. 😞 Did it work in yours?

3.PNG

Thanks,

Varun.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi varunamin,

It is a combination of the drop down name and value and action tool to filter, check if both is ok. 

It is working fine here, I've created some data in sheet 3 for the drop down.

Best,

Fernando V.

varunamin
8 - Asteroid

Hi Fernando,

The one which you sent is working. But when I give the input my file path, it is not working. I don't understand what's going on? 🙁

Instead of using Test2 as input for WTCS3 can you use 123.xlsx and check. Because in my case user will be uploading just once using WTCS1.

Sorry for the confusion. But I am stuck on this silly issue since a long time.

Thanks,

Varun.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi varunamin,

Don't worry! I'm attaching both workflow in packages with all the files. Just check if every path is right for you.

Best,

Fernando V.

Labels